When Does My Employer Have to Pay Me for Loss Time Under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act?

When Does my Employer Have to Pay Me for Loss Time Under the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act?

If you are injured on the job and are written out of work by your doctor, your employer must start paying you for your loss time from work on your eight missed day. In other words, if you are out of work for more than seven days, payments will come from your employer’s insurance

representative. If you are out of work for more than 14 days, you will receive compensation even for the first seven days. You can expect payments to be made directly to you and these should continue until the doctor releases you to return to work.

These missed days count even if they are not consecutive. As an example, if you miss five days when you are first injured but then  have surgery a year later for the same injury, your days

continue to accumulate. So after only missing three days following the surgery you begin your paid time.

Your weekly check from the workers’ compensation carrier should be .6667 or your average weekly wage from the four quarters before the quarter in which you were injured.

If you have questions about how much or when you should be getting paid by workers compensation or any other questions about your workers’ compensation case, please contact Venus Poe today at 864-963-0310 click here to fill out an online case evaluation form. We have offices in Greenville, South Carolina and Fountain Inn, South Carolina to better serve you. There is no obligation or charge for our initial consultation to see if we can help you with your accident case.

The information you obtain in this article is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.You should not read this article to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction in which you may have a case.